"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep, loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."
Sometimes at night, alone in the kitchen, I practice tracing my steps
to the wine cellar, only to turn around
as soon as I catch the slightest hint of vodka.
Alcoholics call this recovery.
I call it learning how to unlove.
Not a day goes by where I don’t set a match…
One the left is a gif of Muslims circumambulating around the Kaabah in Makkah.
On the right is a gif of billions upon billions of stars and solar systems revolving around the centre of the a Galaxy.
See the similarities?
”…Thus does Allaah make clear His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses) to you that you may give thought.”
Except the GIF of the galaxy is showing a clockwise motion while Muslims go around the Kaaba counter-clockwise?
Sitting by the window ,
Hugging her knees to herself,
Just after fajr,
She watched the world come to life.
The sun rising ,
The sky awakening with colour.
The wind blowing ,
Tendrils of hair across her face.
The birds singing
To each other about a new day.
She knew ,
That these little signs ,
Are all proof of a greater being.
A proof that Allah doesn’t stand by her
In only the big moments of life ,
But also in the tiny things of everyday.
So she breathed a new air that rekindled her faith ,
That still burns bright,
With the memory of Allah ,
Always being by her side.
i love grandmas so much
from Teta, Alf Marra directed by Mahmoud Kaabour
Everything small should cost $1 and everything big should cost $2
You asked me
“Who is Allah?”
as though you never saw
I looked upwards and said:
"He is the One who paints
the sky in various colors,
Who draws the sun and the moon
wherever and whenever He wants,
The One who dabs them
together with the stars
to perfect constellations.”
"He is Al-Hasib, The Sufficient
The One Who takes account
of the galaxy and you.”
WHY YOU SHOULD GO WATCH WADJDA RIGHT NOW IMMIDIETLY
- takes place in saudi arabia
- all characters muslim
- really, really well written. it’s essentially a slice-of-life comedy about a 10-year-old-girl trying to save up enough money to buy a bike, and the roadblocks she hits while doing so.
- all the characters, most of which are women, are fleshed-out, enjoyable, and given their own seperate character arc. every single arc just hits it right on the head. it’s basically a cast of well-written, well-acted muslim characters.
- first saudi arabian feature film to be directed by a woman
- it’s funny. like, really fucking funny.
- oh my god.
- go watch wadjda.
- here i even have a link you can watch it right now
- there is literally no reason to watch this perfect fucking film right now
- if you like well written comedies with a mostly-female, all-muslim, all person-of-color cast, just watch this ok
- i’M NOT K IDDING SOMEONE WATCH WADJDA SO THEY CAN TALK ABOUT IT WITH ME