"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep, loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."
Going to CVS at weird hours of the night out of boredom is what I do well.
strawberreli replied to your post “revert story?”: I feel like this question is not only hella invasive but very rudely asked.
I’d agree, which is why I simply linked my Youtube channel which has a video of me babbling about my reversion than giving a full explanation. I really prefer to keep my personal life private, and honestly hate that video because reverting is such a personal decision that I can’t really explain it in just a few minutes. I think people also ask to watch them in order to make judgment calls. If so-and-so revert has a near-death experience and then reverts they’re seen as some sort of immaculate Muslim versus someone who read up on Islam and found that they believed. It goes onto a whole chain of judgments that tend to get pinned onto reverts (Such as “why don’t you know prayers in Arabic?” or “have you taken shahada yet?”).
I’ve strayed from “Muslim tumblr” because of all of the judgments that do tend to get passed onto people, not to mention the invasion of each other’s personal lives. “Muslim tumblr” is “open” and “accepting”…until you do something someone doesn’t like or has been taught to understand.
Thanks for pointing this out, by the way.
THIS PROFESSOR JUST TALKED ABOUT DURIANS (a smelly fruit that supposedly gets you high and tastes like ten different flavors) FOR TEN MINUTES AND REFERENCED A PRADA DRESS THAT HE THOUGHT WAS “DURIAN-INSPIRED”
When a test comes to you
1. Know that everything is by Qadr of Allah
2. Remember that other people have bigger problems than you
3. Remember the death of the Prophet (pbuh), the greatest calamity the Ummah faced
4. Maybe through this trial, Allah has saved you from an even bigger trial.
5. Through this trial Allah will remove some of your sins
6. Through this trial Allah has opened up a huge world of ibadah like sabr, salah, repentance etc
7. With this trial, Allah is putting you on the path of the Prophets. It is a confirmation that Allah loves you. The more Allah loves somebody, the more he tests them.”
"How to look like 6 different people"
THANKS D “:
Having a prospie’s parent ask me how my experience at Tufts has been and cringing, leaving it at “I’ve had a fairly good experience” for the sake of everyone involved.